I love December, I really do.
I have a day to recollect my thoughts, my emotions and carry them with me into the new year. I'm looking forward to it though, cause my new year began a few weeks ago. Suddenly, 31st December lost it's appeal to me, haha!
Before I left for KL, I typed and wanted to post an entry but Blogger died on me. It was late so I didn't bother typing it all again. Let's recount and put it all down in words, shall we?
Strings was a blast, literally :D We charged forth in faith and trust, we sowed the joy of salvation. God really moved in the Worship Centre, no words are enough to express God's sovereignty. I'm so thankful for Jenny's salvation and Jaime and Zi Wei's rededications! All glory goes to God :) Not forgetting the cast and crew who worked so hard to put the production together. I saw their hard work and effort that they put in and they really did their best. Know it's a little late but well done cast and crew!
Christmas Eve was spent sleeping in till rather late, then lunch with my parents' cell at The Oriental's Melt. Though majority were adults, I had my childhood friend, Evelyn Chandra with me :) I miss the times I spent with my childhood friends - Rachel, Gwen, Anja, Wan Ting, Lisa and of course, Evelyn too. As I spent the afternoon with Evelyn, I realised that an unspoken closeness and bond still existed between us and I knew it was the same for the rest of them. Though some are literally across the world and some have gone separate ways, I know that we'd still share the same closeness should we ever come together again :) Then I spent the night at home watching programmes on the black box, including the festive movie - Love Actually. Joy came over and spent Christmas Eve with me and when I asked why, she said she wanted to spend quality time with me. My heart melted, I had nothing more to say. This is who I call my good friend (because we both have our best friend already!), the one who I've known for twelve whole years :)
Christmas morning began on a rather bad note but as the day progressed, it all came together! Spent the morning and afternoon wrapping presents and preparing for the Yeo family's annual Christmas party. Headed to The Florida and had our party in the function room, for the first time! It was so enjoyable, I even laughed till my throat hurt - I didn't even know that was possible :p I'll upload the photos soon, have lots of them though, haha. That wasn't all, the exciting bits shall be kept for the last.
Boxing day was spent entirely in church. Doing what, you might ask? It was Zone Planning Day :) I'm so thankful that Zone One came together as a new Zone to offer ourselves and the new year to the Lord. It was great because God was Awesome :) Headed to Bugis to meet my parents for dinner and then came home to pack.
27th came and I was off to KL for the Yeo family retreat, this included my Uncles, Aunties and Cousins :) A pity some couldn't come but there were fourteen of us in total! Left really early in the morning and I was really tired because I haven't woke up at that early ever since O Levels ended :p Drove up to KL in three cars, stopping over for toilet breaks, lunch and rotation of drivers. The drive took about five hours, so all the kids were simply sleeping through the journey. My older cousin was in the car as well, and we ended up finding out things we never knew about each other. I'll keep it all to myself, you don't need to know :p Checked in to Prince Hotel, settled down and headed to shop :D I'm best at doing that if you didn't know, haha. Had dinner and headed back to the hotel. I love the nights most, cause that's when family time really sinks deep. We sat together and started talking about our family history and how people are actually related to us. It was such a realisation for me because I never really know how hard life was for Grandma and how painful it was losing Grandpa. There was even a solemn atmosphere that I felt so strongly, but I knew God was there :) He has so faithfully taken care of Grandma and kept her healthy.
28th was Mommy's birthday! Didn't exactly celebrate though, because we celebrated at the Christmas party. Had breakfast and had a time of sharing and looking back on the year. It was good to hear how the year has been for everyone in the family, and we heard their prayer requests as well. After that, we headed to shop again :) It was there I realised that the things in KL weren't cheap though the Year End Sale was on. Headed back to the hotel and I ended up swimming with my younger cousins. It has been ages since I ever jumped into a pool of chlorine water. We played water volleyball, it was fun :D Washed up and stayed in for dinner. Adults went out for dinner while I stayed with my three younger cousins to take care of them. I enjoyed myself so much because they are absolutely cute, you hear me? Haha we were laughing at the photos my Mom took while we were in the pool. When the adults came back, we continued with a special activity.
This activity had to do with colourful clay and plastic tools. We were supposed to make something which expressed our gratitude to our Parents for the kids, to their spouses for the couples and for their kids for the Parents. For me, it was a rather emotional night. After we finished making our clay items, we were supposed to explain why we made it. I found so much truth through the activity and I almost cried. It wasn't painful because I knew how much I loved my family. I have a lovely Dad, lovely Mom and lovely Brother. That makes a lovely family. At the end of the night, I truly saw and felt that suffering that cut by the Swiss Army knife was worth it after all :)
29th, the day we came home. I didn't exactly want to leave, cause that meant leaving my dear Yeo family. Anyhow, as usual, we had breakfast then played Bible Brainstorm :D It was so exciting okay. It was a combination of word puzzles, pictionary, charades and music. Questions and answers were all Bibical! I can't tell you how exciting it was, maybe the photos would help :) Checked out, drove all the way back to Singapore after that. I even realised that Noah, the youngest boy in the family, looked like me at dinner :D That marks an end to a very eventful and memorable retreat for me. I honestly love my Yeo family!
I look back and I stand in Awe of what God has done in my life, be it friends or family. Twenty O Six was a really eventful and memorable year, and my God was the best part of the entire year :) For that, I'm more than grateful and thankful. Being my graduating year, I will bring with me the memories, the hurt and the experiences. I bring all that with me not as baggages or burdens but as learning experiences which made me someone stronger - they deserve to be remembered. Of course, I won't forget to bring beloved people with me, because each and every one of them are worth it :) You hear me? Every single one of them because God loves them all so much. As a result, I learn to love them just like God loves them :)
My cell girls are a bunch whom I hold really close to my heart. Though I may not be as close to some as before, I know in my heart that I still love them dearly. I know I almost never make that known to them, that I really do care about how they are and who they will eventually grow up to be. But I'm glad and proud to be leading them again next year, I hope they aren't sick of me already, haha :p Thank You Lord for granting me divine opportunities to minister and to simply catch up with my cell girls. They truly are lovely girls sent by God to be a blessing to me too :)
Alright, I think this is a long enough update for now. Have a Happy New Year all! Twenty O Seven, here I come :D
Before I left for KL, I typed and wanted to post an entry but Blogger died on me. It was late so I didn't bother typing it all again. Let's recount and put it all down in words, shall we?
Strings was a blast, literally :D We charged forth in faith and trust, we sowed the joy of salvation. God really moved in the Worship Centre, no words are enough to express God's sovereignty. I'm so thankful for Jenny's salvation and Jaime and Zi Wei's rededications! All glory goes to God :) Not forgetting the cast and crew who worked so hard to put the production together. I saw their hard work and effort that they put in and they really did their best. Know it's a little late but well done cast and crew!
Christmas Eve was spent sleeping in till rather late, then lunch with my parents' cell at The Oriental's Melt. Though majority were adults, I had my childhood friend, Evelyn Chandra with me :) I miss the times I spent with my childhood friends - Rachel, Gwen, Anja, Wan Ting, Lisa and of course, Evelyn too. As I spent the afternoon with Evelyn, I realised that an unspoken closeness and bond still existed between us and I knew it was the same for the rest of them. Though some are literally across the world and some have gone separate ways, I know that we'd still share the same closeness should we ever come together again :) Then I spent the night at home watching programmes on the black box, including the festive movie - Love Actually. Joy came over and spent Christmas Eve with me and when I asked why, she said she wanted to spend quality time with me. My heart melted, I had nothing more to say. This is who I call my good friend (because we both have our best friend already!), the one who I've known for twelve whole years :)
Christmas morning began on a rather bad note but as the day progressed, it all came together! Spent the morning and afternoon wrapping presents and preparing for the Yeo family's annual Christmas party. Headed to The Florida and had our party in the function room, for the first time! It was so enjoyable, I even laughed till my throat hurt - I didn't even know that was possible :p I'll upload the photos soon, have lots of them though, haha. That wasn't all, the exciting bits shall be kept for the last.
Boxing day was spent entirely in church. Doing what, you might ask? It was Zone Planning Day :) I'm so thankful that Zone One came together as a new Zone to offer ourselves and the new year to the Lord. It was great because God was Awesome :) Headed to Bugis to meet my parents for dinner and then came home to pack.
27th came and I was off to KL for the Yeo family retreat, this included my Uncles, Aunties and Cousins :) A pity some couldn't come but there were fourteen of us in total! Left really early in the morning and I was really tired because I haven't woke up at that early ever since O Levels ended :p Drove up to KL in three cars, stopping over for toilet breaks, lunch and rotation of drivers. The drive took about five hours, so all the kids were simply sleeping through the journey. My older cousin was in the car as well, and we ended up finding out things we never knew about each other. I'll keep it all to myself, you don't need to know :p Checked in to Prince Hotel, settled down and headed to shop :D I'm best at doing that if you didn't know, haha. Had dinner and headed back to the hotel. I love the nights most, cause that's when family time really sinks deep. We sat together and started talking about our family history and how people are actually related to us. It was such a realisation for me because I never really know how hard life was for Grandma and how painful it was losing Grandpa. There was even a solemn atmosphere that I felt so strongly, but I knew God was there :) He has so faithfully taken care of Grandma and kept her healthy.
28th was Mommy's birthday! Didn't exactly celebrate though, because we celebrated at the Christmas party. Had breakfast and had a time of sharing and looking back on the year. It was good to hear how the year has been for everyone in the family, and we heard their prayer requests as well. After that, we headed to shop again :) It was there I realised that the things in KL weren't cheap though the Year End Sale was on. Headed back to the hotel and I ended up swimming with my younger cousins. It has been ages since I ever jumped into a pool of chlorine water. We played water volleyball, it was fun :D Washed up and stayed in for dinner. Adults went out for dinner while I stayed with my three younger cousins to take care of them. I enjoyed myself so much because they are absolutely cute, you hear me? Haha we were laughing at the photos my Mom took while we were in the pool. When the adults came back, we continued with a special activity.
This activity had to do with colourful clay and plastic tools. We were supposed to make something which expressed our gratitude to our Parents for the kids, to their spouses for the couples and for their kids for the Parents. For me, it was a rather emotional night. After we finished making our clay items, we were supposed to explain why we made it. I found so much truth through the activity and I almost cried. It wasn't painful because I knew how much I loved my family. I have a lovely Dad, lovely Mom and lovely Brother. That makes a lovely family. At the end of the night, I truly saw and felt that suffering that cut by the Swiss Army knife was worth it after all :)
29th, the day we came home. I didn't exactly want to leave, cause that meant leaving my dear Yeo family. Anyhow, as usual, we had breakfast then played Bible Brainstorm :D It was so exciting okay. It was a combination of word puzzles, pictionary, charades and music. Questions and answers were all Bibical! I can't tell you how exciting it was, maybe the photos would help :) Checked out, drove all the way back to Singapore after that. I even realised that Noah, the youngest boy in the family, looked like me at dinner :D That marks an end to a very eventful and memorable retreat for me. I honestly love my Yeo family!
I look back and I stand in Awe of what God has done in my life, be it friends or family. Twenty O Six was a really eventful and memorable year, and my God was the best part of the entire year :) For that, I'm more than grateful and thankful. Being my graduating year, I will bring with me the memories, the hurt and the experiences. I bring all that with me not as baggages or burdens but as learning experiences which made me someone stronger - they deserve to be remembered. Of course, I won't forget to bring beloved people with me, because each and every one of them are worth it :) You hear me? Every single one of them because God loves them all so much. As a result, I learn to love them just like God loves them :)
My cell girls are a bunch whom I hold really close to my heart. Though I may not be as close to some as before, I know in my heart that I still love them dearly. I know I almost never make that known to them, that I really do care about how they are and who they will eventually grow up to be. But I'm glad and proud to be leading them again next year, I hope they aren't sick of me already, haha :p Thank You Lord for granting me divine opportunities to minister and to simply catch up with my cell girls. They truly are lovely girls sent by God to be a blessing to me too :)
Alright, I think this is a long enough update for now. Have a Happy New Year all! Twenty O Seven, here I come :D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home